When you place an order with Bachelorette.com you are trusting us with your personal information. We take this trust very seriously. This policy describes how we keep your personal information private.
Bachelorette.com will not misuse your personal information.
- We will not sell your information to any mailing lists. Other companies can get 5 cents for each person's customer information. We don't think selling your name to a company that will send you unwanted e-mail or junk mail is worth a nickel.
- We will not mail you unwanted information. When you order from us you can control what information is sent to you. You can decide if you want an order confirmation, shipping confirmation, or customer survey. If you do not want any of these items we will still be pleased to have you as a customer and will work hard to process your order quickly and accurately. We feel that satisfying you, our customer, will bring repeat business.
- We will not give out your e-mail address.
- We will keep credit card information safe by maintaining the most secure online transaction process possible. We use the Strongarm secure server, in our opinion, technically the best product. It supports industry-standard 256-bit SSL encryption. This product is so secure, it cannot be exported. We trust our transaction to it. We hope you will also.
- We will maintain security of our systems and information. We maintain the latest anti-virus software, and use secure passwords on all systems. Your credit card information is stored in encrypted format at every stage of processing and is stored behind two layers of password protection. Your information is safe with us.
Your Information Is Only Used Where Necessary.
When you place an order with Bachelorette.com (PriveCo Inc. is our corporate name) you provide us with five pieces of information. Here is a summary of how we use them.
- Your Billing Address - Your billing address is used to verify that the person placing the order matches the person who owns the credit card. This process is done through an "Address Verification System" which uses the numeric value of your street address and your zip code. These two numbers are entered into the system and verified against the address where you credit card bill is sent. For example: If Bill Johnson who lives at 18 Anyplace lane in Plainsville, VA 36281 placed an order, the system would verify the digits (18 and 36281) and tell us that the address verifies. The term billing address refers only to where your monthly credit card bill is sent. Bachelorette.com does not send anything to your billing address.
- Your Shipping Address - The shipping address is used only to ship your order.
- Your e-mail address - Your e-mail address is used to send the order related e-mails you choose.
- If you would like to be e-mailed a copy of your order we can do that.
- If you would like to be e-mailed a shipping confirmation and a coupon code for a discount on your next order we can do that.
- If you would like to participate in a customer service survey (handled through Yahoo! Shopping) you can do that.
- Your Phone Number - Is not used unless Express Mail is selected in which case the postal service requests that it be provided.
- Your Credit Card Information - Is used only to process your transaction. Your card is charge only after the order is shipped.
Every website collects information. Here is a summary of how we maintain your privacy with our comprehensive information gathering policy. This information gathering policy applies to both visitors (people that look at our store) and customers (people that purchase from us).
- Visitors - When you visit Bachelorette.com we are aware that someone (but not specifically you) has visited. We count the people that visit and we monitor what pages they find popular. We do not gather or use any information about the specific persons that visit our site we are only interested in which pages they like to look at.
- We hope you will appreciate the fact that no one is watching you.
- We do not keep a file on individual visitors.
- Your name, e-mail address, home address or any other information is not available to us.
- We are not aware if you pay us repeat visits.
- In summary, we do not know who you are or anything about you. Your visit to Bachelorette.com has been private.
- You have the right to know what information we have collected about you. You also have the right to change this information. If you would like to contact us about changing some aspect of the information we have for you, please give us a call at the toll-free number below.
- In order to make changes to your information you will be required to first prove your identity to us. This prevents other individuals from accessing your files.
- We will not reveal credit card numbers over the telephone. If there is an issue with your credit card we can handle it through your merchant bank (the process is easier than it sounds).
- Any customer feedback we receive is also held in strict confidence. If we do disclose your feedback about our business or products it will be in a completely anonymous manner.
- In summary, your purchase from Bachelorette.com is held in the strictest of confidence. It is private.
Occasionally, A transaction is involved in a legal dispute (usually credit card fraud). If information is requested from us in the form of a subpoena (a legal demand for information or appearance) we are required to provide it. If this occurs, our policy is to first contact our customer to inform them of our legal obligations. This is not a common issue, and generally affects only people who are committing credit card fraud but we are required to mention it in this policy.